French Fries are the best, right? Some of you may be thinking, french fries are vegan? They sure are! If you are ever stuck at a restaurant and cannot find anything to order, french fries and a side salad comes to the rescue.
Okay, now back to the best french fries in the World. I have been making these all the time lately, and we cannot get enough. They are an awesome side dish with veggie burgers, or if you are just craving some french fries!
The key to these fries is the cut. They take a little bit more time with cutting, but I promise you it is so worth it! I cut them into long thing pieces which allows them to get crispy and get that real french fry taste.
We were out to dinner with my parents the other night and Nick order a sandwich and it came with a side of french fries and pesto mayo. The pesto mayo looked so good, but obviously not being at a vegan restaurant, I couldn't eat it! So the next night I made some vegan mayo with the basil from our garden and oh my gosh was this good!
Potatoes ( I usually do one potato per person. It seems like a lot when you are prepping, but I swear these will all get eaten!)
Salt & Pepper
1 cup vegan mayo
2 cups basil
2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 425. While the oven is heating up, start prepping the potatoes.
- Wash potatoes and cut in to 1/4 inch strips. (shown in photo above)
- Once all potatoes are cut, drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Put potatoes on baking sheet with parchment paper, salt & pepper again.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
- While the fries are baking, make your pesto mayo!
- Put mayo, basil and garlic in a food processor. Once mixed, place in fridge until you are ready to eat!
- OPTIONAL: chop 3 cloves of garlic and saute for 5 minutes with olive oil.
- After the 50 minutes, add the roasted garlic or stir one more time.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Serve french fries with pesto and enjoy! Check on your french fries throughout. The hour cook time works for my oven, but make sure you are watching them towards the end!
If you make these, make sure to tag @happilyromer so I can see your creation!