I have always had a deep love for Pesto. Its creamy, delicious and is so good on just about anything you want to put it on. Pizza, pasta, bread, zoodles... the options are endless!
I used to always buy pesto from the grocery store, but now that I am vegan that is no longer an option! Store bought pesto has Parmesan cheese in it. Luckily, my garden is producing the World's largest basil plant ever. Time to make my own vegan pesto!
I always used to think making things from scratch would take so much time but it really doesn't. Not only is it easy, but its delicious. The flavor in this pesto compared to store bought pesto doesn't even come close. I was eating this with a spoon!
This pesto recipe is also awesome on sandwiches. I made a tomato and pesto panini the other day and oh my goodness- the flavor!
1 box pasta of choice (I used brown rice pasta)
1 cup peas
2 tablespoons vegan parm
3 cups basil
3/4 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup pine nuts
- Cook pasta based on the box directions, drain and cool.
- Add basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and pine nuts to food processor.
- Blend together. Taste the pesto and add more salt if needed.
- Mix pesto, pasta, and peas together.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later.
- Dish into bowls and top with vegan parm and fresh basil.
If you make this pasta salad, make sure to tag @happilyromer so I can see your creation!