A lot of magical things happened the weekend I made these bean ball subs. We threw a beautiful shower for my sister in law, Ellen. I made delicious bean ball subs, and I bought a Vitamix. That is right, A VITAMIX!
The shower was beautiful and being with family is always such a special weekend. We cannot wait for this new baby to arrive.
The minute we came home from the store with my Vitamix I made fresh smoothies. Bananas, mango, strawberries and blueberries. I have been making smoothies every day since. They just taste too good!
Okay, back to these bean ball subs. Loaded with flavors from the seasoning and a little bit of crunch from the sun flower seeds. These have become a favorite in our house!
You can buy store bought hoagies or make your own! I followed A Sweet Pea Chef's hoagie recipe and they were absolutely delicious.
These would be a great "Meatless Monday" dish. I bet you would fool everyone into thinking they are eating real meatball subs! I hope you enjoy this recipe and make sure to tag @happilyromer if you try it.
1/4 tsp Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar of pasta sauce. I use Whole Foods 365. It is easy, no sugar added, and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rinse and drain black beans. Place in bowl.
- Add spices, salt and pepper, chopped sunflower seeds, and 2 tablespoons of sauce to bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Once mashed, form into bean balls.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375.
- When the meatballs are baking, add remaining sauce to a sauce pan to heat.
- When the meatballs are finished baking, add to the sauce.
- Place 3-4 meatballs per sub and garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe makes around 12 bean balls. Hope you enjoy!