One of my favorite things to make for a dinner party is grilled artichokes. Not only are they delicious and fun to eat, people assume you're a good cook because it is not a common dish. And who doesn't love feeling like a good cook!
I was determined to create a vegan aioli that paired well with artichokes and still gave that wow factor. I think I finally found it!
These would be a great summer appetizer or side dish at your next party.
I first discovered my love for Artichokes at my favorite restaurant in Columbus: Third & Hollywood. If you ever find yourself in Columbus, go and order the artichoke. You won't regret it.
I mean look at that beauty!
Seriously, did I mention I love artichokes?
Salt and Pepper
For the Sauce:
1/2 cup Tahini
1/3 cup water
3.5 tablespoons of Sriracha
1 clove garlic, chopped
- Fill a stockpot with water, teaspoon of salt and juice from one lemon. Bring to boil.
- While water is heating up, cut stems off artichokes and cut in half.
- Remove the purple leaves and the "hair" of the artichoke with a fork.
- Once water has begun to boil, add the four halves of the artichoke, cover and simmer for twenty minutes.
- While the artichokes are simmering, start preparing the aioli.
- Mix Tahini, Garlic, Water, Lemon and Sriracha. This makes a big batch of sauce. We really like to dip our artichokes! We also used the sauce for sandwiches the next day. Yum! You could easily cut the sauce recipe in half if you would like.
- When the artichokes are finished simmering, brush with olive oil on both sides and salt & pepper.
- Grill until you have grill marks!
- Plate and dig in!
I hope everyone is impressed by your artichoke and this becomes a staple in your house. Make sure to pin the recipe and tag @happilyromer if you try the artichokes!