I love pizza, like love love pizza. Let's be honest though, there isn't too much food out there that I don't love. But pizza, I can eat a lot of and I never regret it.
Being vegan means my pizza choices have changed, but that doesn't mean it needs to lack in flavor.
This pizza is a mix of rosemary, mushrooms, onion, garlic, olive oil and tahini. It is delicious.
I get this pizza crust from Whole Foods. Does anyone else love this crust? It is thin, crispy and comes with two pizzas which is convenient in this household: a vegan pizza for me and a meat loving pizza for Nick. Nick is eating more vegetables and even ate a full vegan meal the other night, so I'll take what I can get! I always try to remind myself that this is my journey and I am grateful to have a partner that supports that.
This pizza hit the spot... and you guys, I ate the whole thing. Followed by some homemade Reese's. What a night!
Crust of your choice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 red onion
2 potabella caps
1 tablespoon Tahini
2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice onion into long thin slices.
- Cut the mushrooms into long pieces, 1/2 inch wide.
- Saute onions in a pan until light brown.
- Add mushrooms and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary. Salt and Pepper to taste. Cook 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, mix olive oil, tahini, and chopped garlic. Spread over pizza.
- Add the mushroom and onion mixture to the pizza. Top with salt, pepper, and one more sprig of rosemary.
- Place pizza directly on rack. Bake for 8 minutes or until pizza crust is to your liking.
- Slice, eat & enjoy!
Make sure to tag @happilyromer if you try the recipe!